Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Emotions of Blending a Family

My husband and I have been married for a little over a year now, and things have settled down in our blended family. One of the hardest daily tasks is coordinating the schedules of our 5 children family (with a color coded monthly calendar, weekly updated calendar, and several post-it notes!) It's easy, at times, to forget the hard days. The days when kids were crying, yelling and fighting to have their reality changed. Parents divorcing, remarrying, selling houses, buying new houses... the emotional overload was heavy.

My goal, in the coming months, is to talk about those rough days. There are many of you- out there- in the thick of it right now, and hearing about our experiences may help you. Also hearing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. (Yes- sometimes it is a train! but after the train, there is a sense of peace and adjustment that eventually comes with most families.)

Send me your stories, and I will talk about your experiences along with my own.

It's a good day, today- and it's just going to get better. Just hang in there.
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment