Monday, May 9, 2011

Sandra Staub- New coach for The Blended and Step Family Resource Center

Hi, I’m Sandra Staub, counseling and coaching from New Orleans, and one of the new coaches, here at The Blended and Step Family Resource Center.

I want to give you a little more information about me and my work as a licensed counselor and a coach within the Blended and Step Family Resource Center of Charlotte, North Carolina. 

As a child, my mother was born into a blended family.  Back then people didn’t call it a “blended family”…back then we said, “step-family” and it came with step-mom, step-dad, and step-sibs.  Looking back at my mom’s family from my teen and young adult years, I saw some things that I felt were not right…not fair to my mom’s step-sibs.  Though I could not articulate it, as a child I could see things that I sensed needed to be different in the adult world I watched.  This awareness helps me know that children see much around them that they are unable to verbalize.  

My goal in coaching is for our conversations to make a positive difference in your family.  If what you are doing today isn’t working, my job as your coach is to talk with you about doing some things different.  Maybe it will be for you to learn to really listen to your mate or to one of the children…maybe it will be about the consequences needing to be enforced with one of the children…maybe it will be for you and your mate to learn (how) to put your marriage at the center of your family…or maybe it’s acceptance of how unexpectedly difficult this is right from the start of your marriage.  

Whatever the issue is, if you are willing to look at it… to talk about it…to deal with it, we can work together for you and your mate to build a strong and successful blended family.  

Until next time, 

Sandra

Sandra M. Staub, LPC

No comments:

Post a Comment